Watch other video recipes on my:
YouTube channel (Dan’s 420 Chronicles)
- 1/4 cup chili powder
- 1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle chili powder
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 pounds air-chilled chicken wings (about 24), split at the joint, wingtips removed and discarded
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 lime, cut into wedges
- Whisk together the chili powder, sugar, chipotle powder, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl to make a dry spice rub. Place the wings in a large bowl, toss with the oil, and sprinkle with the dry spice rub. Toss the wings to evenly coat, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 1 hour and up to 2 hours.
- Prepare a grill for high heat.
- Tear off four 18-by-18-inch sheets of heavy duty non-stick aluminum foil. Remove the wings from the bowl, making sure to leave any excess liquid behind. Divide the wings among the foil pieces, centering them on each piece in a single layer. Sprinkle the wings with a generous pinch of salt and pepper. Bring two opposite ends of the foil together and fold twice to seal, then fold in the other sides to create leak-proof packets. Grill over high heat, turning once, until the wings are cooked through, about 25 minutes. Carefully open the packets (hot steam will escape). Scatter the cilantro over the tops and serve with the lime wedges.