Watch this video recipes on my:
YouTube channel (Dan’s 420 Chronicles)
- Total: 23 mins
- Prep: 20 mins
- Cook: 3 mins
- Yield: 10 cups (16 servings)
- 24 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips (or chopped chocolate or chocolate candy coating)
- One 16-ounce bag ridged potato chips (like Ruffles)
- Prepare a baking sheet by lining it with waxed paper or parchment paper and set aside for now.
- Place the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave it in 45-second intervals until melted, stirring frequently to prevent overheating.
- Hold a chip by one end and dip it halfway into the chocolate. Let the chocolate drip back into the bowl, tapping it against the edge several times to remove excess chocolate. Place the dipped chip onto the baking sheet, then repeat until all of the chips are dipped in chocolate.
- Refrigerate the chips for 15 minutes to set the chocolate, but don’t keep them in the refrigerator longer than that or they might become soggy. These chips are best eaten soon after they are made, to preserve the fresh crunchiness of the chips.
- Alternatives: Try dipping the chips in white chocolate or sprinkling the still-wet chocolate with crushed nuts, coconut, sprinkles, or chopped dried fruit.