Watch other video recipes on my:
YouTube channel (Dan’s 420 Chronicles)
- Prep Time 5 minutes
- Cook Time 20 minutes
- Total Time 25 minutes
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 small onion diced
- 1 green bell pepper diced
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder or 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 4 slices white american or provolone cheese
- 4 rolls
- Heat a saute pan over medium heat. Crumble ground beef and season with salt and pepper, then cook until browned, about 5 minutes. Remove from pan and set aside.
- Add butter to pan. Once melted, add onion and bell pepper and saute until vegetables begin to brown and onions turn translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to low, then return ground beef to pan. Add garlic powder, worcestershire sauce, and beef broth, scraping the bottom of the pan as you incorporate your ingredients.
- Add cornstarch and stir until dissolved. This will thicken the beef broth and create a sauce. If beef looks dry, add 1-2 tablespoons of water.
- Remove from heat. Top meat mixture with cheese slices and allow to set for 1-2 minutes, or until melted. Remove from heat, spoon onto rolls and serve immediately.